Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom web app to extract selected data from my Fitbit HR

ANSWERED

I am seeking advice on whether I am on the right track, and how to contact anyone who may be able to give me some pointers (if I am in the wrong forum, please tell me) ...

My objective is to develop a Windows 10 web application in Visual Studio 2019 (presumably using the Web API?) which can extract some specific archival/historical data from my Fitbit HR. I have looked at the details of the extract functions available when logged in to my Fitbit account, but they do not meet my needs. I have looked at the GET functions in the Web API, and it appears that they do meet my needs.

I have experience in VB.NET and C#.NET, but will have a go at another language if necessary. I confess that I am better at starting with an existing program and modifying it than I am at starting from scratch.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @rusty98 and welcome to the Help forum.  I think the Web API forum might be a better fit for your question.  I am moving your post there and hope that you get an answer or some insight.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @rusty98 and welcome to the Help forum.  I think the Web API forum might be a better fit for your question.  I am moving your post there and hope that you get an answer or some insight.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx 4 assistance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rusty98 

Our Developer Guide has instructions for getting started with the Web API.   You can build an application using the APIs using any programming language that has an OAuth2 library.   We link to one in the Developer Guide at https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/libraries-and-sample-code/.   If you need additional help making sense of the APIs, please let us know.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer