Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Goals

Hi all, 

One of the things I was trying to create for my Fitbit project is custom notifications based on certain health and wellness criteria.  My initial thought was to program these in a custom application. But I want a more flexible solution.  Does anyone know if I push/set custom goals to a Fitbit account will the nudges/notifications/reminders that I receive on my wearable device then be attuned to those newly updated goals?  The end goal I am looking for is custom nudges/notifications/reminders based on a set of criteria.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jwitty2137  your post was moved to the developer's area so you can get more relevant responses to your question. The area you posted in is a more social part of the forum where people discuss how they get moving with tips on running, exercise, etc.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jwitty2137 

The Fitbit Web APIs do not have a Notification API to send personalized notifications to a device.  However, an application can set daily goals programmatically.  These goals will be applied to the device when the user syncs their tracker to the mobile application.  The hourly step goal cannot be set programmatically using the Web APIs.  

If you're support the Fitbit smart watches and building a clockface, I've heard you can create custom notifications which would be displayed on the device.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer