Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer information: unauthorized_client

ANSWERED

Hi, 

I am trying to retrieve data from API FITBIT but shows me that error:

I have register my app and setting it up but It continues with this error.

I tried putting personal, server, and client in OAuth 2.0 Application Type field but not retrieving any data.

"Developer information: unauthorized_client - A "Personal" application is only authorized to request access tokens from the owner of the application"

could someone help me? Please

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Rodosa90,

Welcome to the forums!

The error you're seeing indicates that you're attempting to pull data from another user's account instead of your own account. Applications registered under the "personal" application type can only pull Fitbit data from the owner of the account (you). If you need to access other user's data, you'll need to switch your application type to either "server" or "client" and obtain consent from the user, before you can access their data.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Rodosa90,

Welcome to the forums!

The error you're seeing indicates that you're attempting to pull data from another user's account instead of your own account. Applications registered under the "personal" application type can only pull Fitbit data from the owner of the account (you). If you need to access other user's data, you'll need to switch your application type to either "server" or "client" and obtain consent from the user, before you can access their data.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer