Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Activity Summary include Activity Logs?

ANSWERED

Hi everyone 🙂

We are using the 'Activity Summary' REST Api ( https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/activity/get-daily-activity-summary/ )

Are Activity Logs included inside the response?

The reason I am asking is to see if our members can add fake calories and cheat the system. Meaning that they can add calories they haven't burned

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @A.D.E.G,

Activity Logs are included in the Get Daily Activity Summary endpoint, however, you won't see the "logType" element which you'd typically see from the Get Activity Logs List endpoint. The "logType" element will let you know if an activity is:

• manual - Manually logged by the Fitbit user
  • auto_detected - Auto recognized activity logged by the Fitbit device after 10+ minutes of recognized activity.
  • mobile_run - GPS activity (Hike, Walk, Run) initiated on the Fitbit app
  • Tracker - Activity logged via Exercise mode on the Fitbit device

Some developers filter out manual activities to reduce false positives from scenarios you mentioned. However, please be mindful that manually logged activities are sometimes used by Fitbit users for instances when their Fitbit devices run out of battery on the go and have no way of tracking their activity, or if they've simply forgotten their devices at home and want to get credit for an exercise they performed without it. Unfortunately, there is no real way to differentiate any of these scenarios if the activity was logged manually.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @A.D.E.G,

Activity Logs are included in the Get Daily Activity Summary endpoint, however, you won't see the "logType" element which you'd typically see from the Get Activity Logs List endpoint. The "logType" element will let you know if an activity is:

• manual - Manually logged by the Fitbit user
  • auto_detected - Auto recognized activity logged by the Fitbit device after 10+ minutes of recognized activity.
  • mobile_run - GPS activity (Hike, Walk, Run) initiated on the Fitbit app
  • Tracker - Activity logged via Exercise mode on the Fitbit device

Some developers filter out manual activities to reduce false positives from scenarios you mentioned. However, please be mindful that manually logged activities are sometimes used by Fitbit users for instances when their Fitbit devices run out of battery on the go and have no way of tracking their activity, or if they've simply forgotten their devices at home and want to get credit for an exercise they performed without it. Unfortunately, there is no real way to differentiate any of these scenarios if the activity was logged manually.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes