Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Way to Get Sleep Data?

Hi, I would like to be able to pull my sleep data from fitbit so that I can use and manipulate that data with (preferably) Python, showing me more detailed stats, averaging values over arbitrary dates, comparing values, and whatever else I find useful. What is the easiest way to do that? I started to follow some guides but noticed that I have to have a website to register an app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @kill3rwhale,

Welcome to the forums!

If you are interested in pulling your own personal data, you can register a "personal" application at dev.fitbit.com. Please click here to see our Quick Start Guide. 

For personal use (i.e. personal app type), it is fine to supply dummy values that resemble URLs (such as Organization Website, Application website, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy).  The personal app type will only grant you access to your Fitbit data. 

However, if you begin to access other user's data, you will need to provide valid URLs for each field.

Once you've registered your application and authorized your application to access your Fitbit data, you can begin executing API calls to your account. Since you mentioned you were interested in fetching Sleep data, please take a look at our documentation for Sleep so that you can see the type of data you'll be working with.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes