Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 409 registering subscriber after revoking access

Hi Fitbit team. We are working on a new app that uses subscriptions to capture activity data. We are testing it now, going through the flow of setting up accounts and registering them with Fitbit. In several cases, when we try to register users as subscribers, we get a 409 error. Looking through the forums, it appears this error is because the subscription is already created.

I went into the user settings and revoked access for our app, but still get the 409 error when trying to register again. The user I'm testing with is 2S69RS.

I'm able to get an access token and query the API, but the subscription doesn't seem to be working. When I enter new activity I don't get a subscriber notification. At this point I can actively query the Fitbit API with the user access token, but I'm not getting any notifications. So even though the API tells me with the 409 error that the subscription is setup, it doesn't appear to be working.

If I have a valid access token, is there a way to get a list of the user's subscriptions and delete them on our end if we get this error?

Edit: I went through the docs again and found out how to query the user's subscriptions. I hit this URL:

https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/2S69RS/activities/apiSubscriptions.json

and I got this response:

{"apiSubscriptions": []}

So it doesn't look like I have any active subscriptions, but I still get a 409 error.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0