Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1008

My app has recently started to get an error code 1008 in the body when using the request token to get the access token and refresh token. Any idea what this means? Nothing has changed in the code. It just started doing it. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @vanmepper 

1008 is not one of our standard http status codes.   Was an error message provided with the 1008 error?  Can you share the complete syntax of the endpoint and headers that you're attempting to execute that's causing the error?   Note: Please don't post authorization codes or client secrets in the forums.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Hi @GordonFitbit 

Here is the error message. Maybe its due to cloudfare?

vanmepper_0-1635789489436.png

Here is me calling the function.

vanmepper_1-1635789649717.png

This is from my test environment. Its identical on my live platform but obviously with the authentications different and domain also different. if its not your side (I can call this function from local host without a problem) then maybe it is cloudfare problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The resolution of the pictures is a little fuzzy.  I would guess it might be an error from cloudflare.   The error does seem to be coming from them.   Looking at the information on their website, https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors... I'm going to guess we cannot reach your redirect URL, since it seems to work for localhost.   I would check if the endpoint specified for your redirect URL can be pinged and is accessible to the outside world.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay thanks! I did check the error code 1008 and they said its possible my application was IP banned by fitbit but that didn't make sense. Seems to break when fitbit tries to respond. I will go to cloudfare and see if they have ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes