Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit API & Google Sheets: Widening the scope of data downloaded

I'm using a script from GitHub that will automatically download my daily stats from my Fitbit account into a Google spreadsheet. It works perfectly, downloading my calories in, calories out, steps, etc.

What I haven't been able to get it to do is also download a daily summary of fat, carbs and protein. I've done a ton of Googling and have played around with the script but haven't been able to nail it just yet.

I've at least been able to ascertain that the nutritional data I want to include is obtained from a different API URL (https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/foods/log/date/[YYY-MM-DD].json) than the one the above script is using (https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities.json). I don't know how to incorporate this URL into the already existing script for obtaining the data from both API URLs together.

Any help/advice would be awesome!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @pjfarr,

It sounds like you need to modify script to make addition api call to retrieve nutritional data. Unfortunately, we don't support that script, so it would be better to contact the owner of the script on best approach.

Thanks,

Oleg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OlegFitbit

Fair enough.

Do you happen to know of a script you do support that can do this? Most scripts I've found extract activity and profile data. I've yet to find one that's dedicated to the food log data.

I did assume that somehow the original script has to make an additional API call. I just don't know how to merge the two.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pjfarr,

Unfortunately, we don't have/support any scripts to export data, but rather provide comprehensive set of api endpoints to pull the data out.

Thanks,

Oleg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry that I cannot help with your question but I am looking to collate the information from 30 fitbit devices as I am a physical education teacher looking to collect the data from all my students.

I am looking for a way to download this information onto a Google sheet.  Are you able to help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LuckyarsenalYou could do it using this site, although it would require knowing the account credentials for each student, getting each student's data separately for every relevant day, and importing the .CSV into a google sheet.

There are other sites that can get detailed HR data; they may let you get more than one day at a time.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes