Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit API doesn't provide activity data to sync with iphone apps

I just spent time with Apple support to figure out why the Health app doesn't show my activity from my fitbit one.  Here is the answer I got:

Looking here it seems like all of the sync apps aren’t able to do that due to a file the sync apps have to use called the API file (Which fitbit creates). Looks like all of the developers are pushing for fitbit to update the API file so they can get the activity, however it’s been a few months of them pushing for the file to get updated and fitbit hasn’t done it quite yet. Right now they’re listing it as > Intraday data granularity and activity is not possible at this time due to Fitbit API limitations.

Can someone please tell me when you are going to update this API file so I can track my activity somewhere other than my fitbit app?  I have a health program at my work that gives me discounts for the amount of activity I spend each day and I am not getting any credit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Mario1548 I assume you're referring to "Activity records" recorded by the Fitbit One. Activity records have been a deprecated feature for a few years now, so I'm not sure the information you received is accurate.

Mario1548 wrote:

Looking here it seems like all of the sync apps aren’t able to do that due to a file the sync apps have to use called the API file (Which fitbit creates). Looks like all of the developers are pushing for fitbit to update the API file so they can get the activity, however it’s been a few months of them pushing for the file to get updated and fitbit hasn’t done it quite yet.

Fitbit didn't build the integration, therefore we have no control over it, so I'm not sure what is meant by that. I think the main problem here is that you want Activity records to be available via the Fitbit Web API (for third party developers to be able to pull that data), but as I mentioned earlier, that's been deprecated for quite some time. If you want activities to show up (and since you have a Fitbit One), you would have to manually log your activities as opposed to recording them from the Fitbit One.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes