Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Web API - sometimes it passes data, sometimes it doesn't?

My PHP code using cURL is working, however, some of my users don't get their data updated when it should. My script runs via crontab every night to save steps and activity to my MYSQL database. Out of the 1000 users, most get updated every night, but sometimes, some don't.

I can manually run the script as well to update a specific user. Once in a while, it may take running the script 5 times before an update will actually occur.

Is that a common issue with the API? I can't figure this one out!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Bigtime 

Are the users seeing their data in their Fitbit account, but not through your application?  If the data has been sync'd to our servers, you should receive it immediately.   I have seen situations where it might take one or two device syncs to get all of the data from the Fitbit device to the Fitbit mobile application.  This depends on how much data needs to be transferred to Fitbit.  

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Yes, users see the data in their Fitbit app, not positive about it being in their account. But it is not always being passed to my application. 

It sounds like there may be an issue with my site. I just wanted to rule out any type of issue on the Fitbit end.

Thank you.

Tim

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bigtime 

I'm not aware of any problems currently with the site.   If the data appears in the mobile app, then the data should be available to download through the Web APIs.   I would verify the user id you use to download the data is the same for the Fitbit user's account, and check if you're getting any errors.   

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes