Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit server to localhost server (Sql databse)

Hello there,

I have some questions regarding Fitbit server. As I'm developing a mobile and web application that can fetch and update user data using Fitbit web Api. But may I know whether localhost server can fetch data from fitbit app through Fitbit server using Fitbit Web API?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Divyakona 

You might be able to use "localhost" for redirecting but you'll need to define an endpoint containing code that will read the authorization code from the redirect URL and exchange it for the access token.   Localhost for a subscriber is not a good idea because Fitbit needs to have a physical IP address or host name to send the webhook notifications.   With mobile applications, I usually see people specify a custom scheme that's defined on the mobile device.   See https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/application-design/#Redirect-URL for more information.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, so in that as an alternative if I choose firebase would that work for me smoothly for both mobile and web application? Besides that, when a client wants to use my mobile application, do they have to download fitbit application in their mobile device in order to access data? Or no need ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit mobile application is required to sync their device data with the Fitbit data services.  Most likely the participant will install the Fitbit mobile application on the same device as your mobile application, but this is not required.  A participant can manually enter data through the Fitbit web site and that data would be available to your application, too.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes