Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOGLE AFFILIATION

I was so sorry to see FITBITs affiliation with GOOGLE. With the recent Big Tech issues in the media I am in the process of closing my GMAIL. I have already closed FACEBOOK TWITTER AMAZON and INSTAGRAM. This was the last social platform I was on. I in no way agree with our freedoms being stripped from us. So, I am signing off FITBIT for the last time😥

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I am with CBE2C54.  I in no way agree with our freedoms being stripped from us.  Sign me off.  Done with fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not real thrilled about this either. It would be nice if there was a way to opt out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually really excited about this integration. Finally the app can be fixed and made better, the website could do with speeding up and the reliability of the watches should also increase. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I can understand how this change has some concerns.   Here's a blog article that I hope will answer your questions: https://blog.google/products/devices-services/fitbit-acquisition.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe that Google will do the right thing and not Jeopardize the Fitbit users or community.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the only way to keep Google from knowing about you is to not have an Android or IOS phone and to never open a web browser. It is almost impossible to find a page that doesn't have a Google ad. 

Best Answer