Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic fitness data for App development

I'm not a programmer nor a developer but I have ideas. My app will retrieve fitness data from multiple Fitbit users and store it into a workable database. For development and testing purposes, is there a virtual user with actual data I can use with the OAuth and then the collection of data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @fsumac,

Welcome to the forums!

There isn't virtual user with mock data that you can use to test the Web API and collection of data. However, you can register a personal application at dev.fitbit.com to test the authorization process. After you're provided with a Client ID and Client Secret, you can use the Oauth 2.0 Tutorial to test the authorization flow and execute API calls. 

If you don't want to register an application yet, and simply want to test the Web API endpoints, you can use the Fitbit Web API Explorer to test API calls against your own account. If you don't have any data on your Fitbit account, you can manually log activities through the web explorer using the POST activity endpoints, then fetch that data using the GET activity endpoints.

To see the Web API documentation, please visit: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not a programmer either. Still I'm working on a healthcare/fitness product and would like to arrange the basic user data like steps, sleep analysis, activity rings, etc. I want my app to go internationally. I had numerous requests for this app to be developed. So time has come. These turbulent pandemic times actually helped me to realize my old dream. I'll keep you updated once my app is running.

Best Answer
0 Votes