Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Daily Activity Summary Question

ANSWERED

In the returned data what is the difference between "total" distance and "tracker" distance, and why would they ever be different?

[2] => Array
(
[activity] => total
[distance] => 17.26
)

[3] => Array
(
[activity] => tracker
[distance] => 16.67
)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ljhardy Good question! Tracker distance is only the distance recorded by the tracker, while total should be manually logged distance + tracker distance. Say if I manually logged an activity for 3 miles (4.82 km) for a time period where I wasn't wearing my tracker, for distance it will show 'total' as 4.82 km and 'tracker' as 0. Hope that helps clarify. Robot Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@ljhardy Good question! Tracker distance is only the distance recorded by the tracker, while total should be manually logged distance + tracker distance. Say if I manually logged an activity for 3 miles (4.82 km) for a time period where I wasn't wearing my tracker, for distance it will show 'total' as 4.82 km and 'tracker' as 0. Hope that helps clarify. Robot Happy

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Andrew.  I didn't enter anything manually, BUT I did use a facilty to import an activity from Garmin.  So, although the tracker was on and operating for the entire period, the distance calculated by the Garmin GPS was slightly farther than the distance calculated by the tracker, in my specific example.  That makes sense, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ljhardy Ah I see, yeah that'll do it. Glad I could help!

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes