Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get some trigger from fitbit

Hello

I want to develop an android app which will call to some numbers(family, doctors etc) when there is some spike in heart rate above a threshold value(this is set by an app). I want to know how can we do it. Is there any API that gives me this trigger.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Vipin You could use Heart Rate Intraday Time Series to look for spikes in heart rate. Two things to note though:

1. You can only get data once it has been synced (can't get real-time data).

2. Fitbit trackers are not medical devices.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @AndrewFitbit, In Heart Rate Intraday Time Series we can get data in seconds but the problem with that is 

1. It doesn't give me data in every second there is some time lag of 2 - 3 seconds

2. I have to pull data every second which is not good for Android App because it can cause more load on the network.

I want to know is there any way that Fitbit can give me only spikes in the data i.e if the heart rate value is greater than the threshold value.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vipin Ah, I see. Well to answer your question then, there is not a trigger for when there is a spike in data. You could use subscriptions to know when data is synced, but detecting a spike is something you would have to do on your end. But like I said before, data is not in real-time (depends on device to sync), which means there will always be a delay.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes