Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 429 over rate limit error when getting user profile

ANSWERED

I am getting 429 errors for 5 of the 885 users I have in my system that I am attempting to get workout data for the past 14 days.

I make the following calls as part of the process and the process attempts to update Fitbit data every 30 minutes to an hour.

1.  /1/user/-/profile.xml

2. /1/user/-/activities/date/YYYY-M-D.xml where YYYY is the four digit year, M is the 1 or 2 digit month and D is the 1 or 2 digit day.

The users are failing in the first call to get the user profile and returning the 429 error which doesn't make any sense since I can get data for the other 880 users without triggering a 429 error and I would be making at most 15 calls at a time (1 user profile API call and 14 activity date API calls).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Turns out it was a bug in my code dealing with localization of time from UTC, so the code ended up calling the API for the same day over and over again until the rate limit was reached for those 5 users.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Turns out it was a bug in my code dealing with localization of time from UTC, so the code ended up calling the API for the same day over and over again until the rate limit was reached for those 5 users.

Best Answer
0 Votes