Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Fitbit Web API data history and how far back?

So I've read through the docs and it doesn't seem like there's limit as to how far back
you can search through the Fitbit Web API data user's history of data.
I don't have access to an account that has data far back more than a year. So I was wondering, if anyone can confirm. 

Also, history richness of data also depends on the users syncing that information from their
tracker to their account. Like the API docs also say, most fitbit trackers only keep 7 days worth of data. For whatever reason, if a user doesn't sync for a month, i will only see the last weeks worth of data correct?

Much appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@kquanblri, querying the Get Activity Summary endpoint, I was able to query activity history as far back as 2007-01-02. 

I found this information on a previous forum post and I think the information is still current for most trackers.

• All trackers have the ability to store up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you wait longer than 7 days before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data.
  • Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. If your tracker measures heart rate, summary heart rate data will be stored as well. 

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes