Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google account selection on Fitbit Authorization page doesn't work for some users

ANSWERED

Some users get stuck on the Fitbit authorization page when they have to select the Google account they use for Fitbit. These users migrated their Fitbit account to a Google account previously. The problem occurs for several users since yesterday (September 16) or today. On our test device it works fine. The users who report this issue, experience the same problem when trying to connect other apps with their Fitbit account. Previously it worked fine for these users, also after the migration to their Google account.

When they authorize our app to access their Fitbit account, the following happens:

1. First the Fitbit Sign In page is shown. Users with a Fitbit account (not migrated) login on that page with email and password, but users with a Google account have to click on "Continue with Google", so the user clicks on "Continue with Google"
  2. Then the uses sees the "Choose an account" page from Google with one or more accounts
  3. When the users clicks on the account the is used for Fitbit, nothing happens, so here the user gets stuck

We see this happen with several users. Is this a bug that Fitbit/Google needs to solve, or is this a problem the user can solve?

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

I have 2 Fitbit accounts on my phone (wife Luxe, my Charge 5), I sign in and out of each with Fitbit app on my Pixel.  If I move accounts to Google will I have problems doing the same?  Wife only uses a PC. I don't want to have to log into her Google account everytime, just her Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes