Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new dev account?

My access to dev.fitbit.com is under my company email.  We are transitioning fitbit.com responsibility to a support team.  They will use a single email address.  They will need full access via this email to all our Fitbit.com applications.

What is the best way to provide this access since all the Fitbit.com apps are in my account?

I would also like to still have access to my account until this team is comfortable with Fitbit's dev site.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

At this time, we don't support access to your application(s) from multiple Fitbit accounts. If you wish to move any or all of the applications currently under your account to a different account, please contact API Support.

Moderator edit: removed email address

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, that sounds risky.   Can you discuss what is involved and any downtime?

Is it possible to just change the email being used?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No downtime is involved. We simply transfer the ownership from one account to another, which is done by changing the email address.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ah, perfect.  How do I initiate that? 

Does the password stay the same?

This is really just the same account but with a different email address?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really just the same account but with a different email address?

No, if you just want to change the email address of your current account, you can do that anytime from the web site by going to your Personal Info.

What I was describing is if you have "Account A" with ownership of "Application X". Say you create a new "Account B" and want to transfer the ownership over, we would change the owner fo "Application X" from "Account A" to "Account B". This would not change the email on either accounts, it simply repoints "Application X"'s owner to "Account B".

If you just need to change the email address on your account, you can do that right away. If you need the second process, please email api@fitbit.com from your "Account A" email address with the consumer key and the "Account B" email address

Best Answer
0 Votes

But does changing my email address also change my login since it is the email address?  That would be ieal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brettr wrote:

But does changing my email address also change my login since it is the email address?  That would be ieal.

Yes, it does. All Fitbit accounts login via the account email address and password, there is no "username" so to speak.

Changing your email address doesn't affect your password, you would need to change that separately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dan,

I will soon be changing the email address as another team here is taking over Fitbit administration.  Just changing this address does not affect any keys or our current implementations with Fitbit right?

Since there is a personal account linked to all API accounts, I guess that side does not really concern us since we only use the API side?

Is there someone to add more emails to the API notifications?  There are several members who would like to get these notifications.

Thanks,

Brett

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brettr wrote:

I will soon be changing the email address as another team here is taking over Fitbit administration.  Just changing this address does not affect any keys or our current implementations with Fitbit right?

Changing your email address will not affect your application keys or authorizations in any way.

brettr wrote:

Since there is a personal account linked to all API accounts, I guess that side does not really concern us since we only use the API side?

Your Fitbit user data does not affect the applications you've registered in any way.

We can also manually transfer application ownership to a different Fitbit account. Some organizations register a Fitbit user account just for this purpose. Email api at fitbit dot com if you'd like to do this.

@brettr wrote:

Is there someone to add more emails to the API notifications?  There are several members who would like to get these notifications.

No. We recommend that you create an email distribution list and use that email address in your Fitbit profile if multiple people need to be notified.

Best Answer
0 Votes