Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable developer mode in Blaze Fitbit watch

ANSWERED

Hi All

I am not a developer myself and need an urgent help. We are building a medical app which is supposed to be supported on Fitbit watch. We bought Fitbit Blaze watch. For certain features like Heart Rate and location API we need some development to be done on physical device. When I go in Settings of the watch, I do not see an option to enable developer's mode there. How can I get this done. Please help.

Am I missing anything? Does this need to be managed through my fitibit account or what? If it needs a developer's account to enable this feature in Blaze watch then where from can I register for developer's account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Fitbits don't run open operating systems like Android, so there's no on-device developer mode and no way to run custom software on the device itself.
Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry @yuga, Fitbit has an open API which allows third parties to access a users data. You can get more info by clicking on the API link at the bottom of thd page.

Sonce your looking to develop something, ive moved your post to the developers forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbits don't run open operating systems like Android, so there's no on-device developer mode and no way to run custom software on the device itself.
Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks as if this will change with the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ooo, that would be good! I'd hate to see Fitbit go the way of the classic Nokia phones (ie, good features but closed and inflexible architecture, so couldn't compete).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes