Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch fitbit device's data with my custom mobile application?

Hi Team, 

I am new to the forum, and in need of your support and guidance. Currently, I need to develop an iOS and Android app for my client. The requirement is to fetch the data (like step count, heart rates, etc) from fitbit device. So, my questions are:

1) Is it possible to fetch the fitbit device's data to my own mobile app?

2) If yes, how can I fetch the data from fitbit device to my own mobile app (Means, is it via bluetooth? wifi? or API calls?)? 

3) Is there any proper documentations/APIs available to fetch data (If anyone can provide the urls, much appreciated)?

I've searched a lot in fitbit community and googled, but most of the posts are from 2015, 2016 etc. And some are saying that it is not possible to fetch fitbit data to my custom mobile app, some are saying that they have achieved to fetch fitbit device data to their apps. Could anyone please provide me a better answer whether it is possible or not?

Thanks in advance... 🙂

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Krrishna,

You can't access data directly from the device. You can access it via the APIs. 

Step count, heart rates, et cetera:

https://dev.fitbit.com/reference/web-api/activity/

Best Answer

Dear @DougFitbit,

Thanks for the reply. Some more doubts (please forgive if it seems like childish):

1) If the data has to be fetched by APIs, then the fitbit data has to be on fitbit server right? How the data goes to fit bit server (Is it occurs while syncing the fitbit device with their own fit bit app? Or by any other methods)?

2) If it is via syncing, then is the syncing is manual or automatic?

3) From the API docs, I found a parameter named 'user-id'. How can we get this user-id of the device?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Fitbit app is the guy who upload to Fitbit server and that's the only way i think

2. It sync every 15min-20min

3. Use "-" for current logged in user

Best Answer
0 Votes