Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to subscribe

hi,I have some questions to ask you for help:

1. How can I subscribe a user, when he updated his data I can be notified immediately?
2. Can I subscribe multiple users? If I can, how to do this?
3. How many kinds of information can I get from the notification?
4. How can I use the notification? Is it a JSON format?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello.

1) You'll be able to get notification once user's device is synced with fitbit. 

2) yes, see the link below on how you can do this.

3) foods, activities, sleep, body

4) Currently we support JSON and XML, but XML will be deprecated soon, so I suggest you using JSON.

Moro information can be found here: https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/Fitbit+Subscriptions+API

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for your reply, but I still have some follow-up questions to ask you for help:
1.Can this kind of Fitbit provide specific timestamp, that is, date and time data when users upload each time?
2.Can this kind of Fitbit provide the function of positioning similar to GPS, that is, the latitude and longitude when users upload each time?
Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Please read the link I sent you above it has information about how the subscription api works and it has information that YES we send the date and time for what the new data is available. The time when you will get the push notification message will be approximately the time when user had synced his device.

2) no, we currently don't provide the GPS data.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes