Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT - Sleeping notifications/email to other user

Hi all,

I have a friend that has a medical condition and I need to track his sleep every day.

I would like to receive and email if he slept less than 8 hours.

I was going throw the process of configuring a new ifttt scenario, but it seems I'm unable to send email to other people. Do you have any ideas how to bypass this?

Regards,

Sérgio

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @barranha,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with IFTTT to provide you with a great workaround. Hopefully, someone else in the community can pitch in with their ideas.

I could maybe suggest incorporating the Subscriptions API so that you'll be notified when the user you are monitoring syncs their sleep data to the app, which means it's available to be pulled by the Web API. He would need to have all-day sync enabled on his application so that their device can sync to the app every 15 minutes. Once the sleep has been logged, you'll receive a notification that there is new information on the user's account. You'll then need to execute the appropriate endpoint to fetch the new data and your application will need to determine from there if the sleep recorded was less than 8 hours.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes