Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration problems- need help

Hello.
My developers are having problems intergrating fitbit on my website. Here is what the just emailed me.
"We did some implementation to integrate fitbit and hosted on https://www.fitformyseason.com/fitbit.php but the problem is oAuth which is not working. We tried most of the solution but nothing worked. We have installed oAuth extension on the server as well but when we try to use it, it gives error like "Class 'OAuth' not found in ....."

We also contacted GoDaddy who manages your hosting. We asked them why this oAuth extension does not work on our website. They said that the kind of hosting you have does not support this extension. You must have cPanel hosting for this oAuth to work. So it will be good if you can GoDaddy customer care and ask the same question the "Why oAtuth PHP extension does not work on my server?" You can give them the URL above for reference that we are getting error as shown on this URL."
------------
Can anyone help?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

This is probably a PHP issue not an OAuth issue. You need to include or require the class before you can use it.

Just google for "php class not found" and you will get something like this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1179638/php-class-not-found

Best Answer

This is not an issue with Fitbit's OAuth. You'll need to figure out how to include PHP OAuth class that you're missing, which we can't help you with. If GoDaddy does not allow you to use PHP's OAuth class, then you'll need to find a better hosting company or use another programming language.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am in the very being process of intergration Fitbit with our website. I am not the developer. I'm just trying to get as much information before we implement. So from my basic understanding my developers need to match the measurements on our side with Fitbit so it can capture the correct information and put it in the right location. Example- in order to capture "Steps" we have a measuemrnt called Steps Taken. This would be the same for the other basic measuments that we need to capture ( calories, distance, and minutes). However I just recent purchased the Charge 2 and have been exploring the multi sport feature. I basically allow the user to seperate their daily activity by selecting weight training and timing the workout. It seems like it captures the duration, calories burned, and I think steps. However I want to make sure my developers create appropriate measurements to capture this. So for example should we have fields on website named Weigh Training Duration, Weight Training calories burned, to specifically capture the measurements from a users weight training session? The same would go for Hiking ( Hiking duration, hiking calories burned, hiking miles, hiking steps.) So when our member view their activity on our website captured for the  day the will see the general calories burned, steps, distance, (for those with the ZIP) AND those with the Multipsport they would also see Weight training duration, weight training calories burned and Hiking - Hiking duration, hiking calories burned, hiking miles, hiking steps. I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes