Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login changes after migration and data concerns

ANSWERED

As a part of our research effort, we are trying to collect fitbit data from the participants using a python script. Our accounts use gmail plus addressing, which means that there is a primary account (let's call it main @Gmail.com) and its aliases with plus addressing (main+1 @Gmail.com, main+2 @Gmail.com etc). We are able to login to these accounts without any issues so far. My questions are

1. The thing about plus accounts is that they only exist as an alias to the primary account and are not actual gmail accounts. So I cannot login to google with a plus account. How does the login process work for these accounts in the future after migration?

2. Do we lose any data as part of the migration process?

3. If I change the email address of my fitbit account, will I lose any data? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VintagePirate,

Welcome to the forums!

1. Since these emails with the "+" affix are tied to parent accounts, you wouldn't be able to log into those accounts after migration, to my knowledge. I'll need to get confirmation and update this post when I have more information.
  2. (And 3) The data for those users will still be stored within Fitbit, and the best workaround to retain access to that data is to ensure you change the email address for those sub accounts to a new google email. That way you can continue using the account and you won't lose any data after changing emails.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @VintagePirate,

Welcome to the forums!

1. Since these emails with the "+" affix are tied to parent accounts, you wouldn't be able to log into those accounts after migration, to my knowledge. I'll need to get confirmation and update this post when I have more information.
  2. (And 3) The data for those users will still be stored within Fitbit, and the best workaround to retain access to that data is to ensure you change the email address for those sub accounts to a new google email. That way you can continue using the account and you won't lose any data after changing emails.
Best Answer
0 Votes