Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest stationary time period exposed in Web API?

Hi all, I'm looking to pull the longest stationary period from the Web API.  I'm referring to the data shown along with the "Hours with 250 steps" data in the app; it shows a time range for longest stationary period and then a 30-day average stationary period length.  I feel like I've looked through the entire documentation but I could have jumped over it; is this data available directly from the API, or is it calculated using other data I can pull?

I have pulled minute-by-minute intraday step count data and attempted to align that with the displayed time range, and many times it is off, and by a wide margin.  A lot of times the app will display a stationary time during which I took over 100 steps.  Other times my step count will indicate that I was stationary for longer during another time period during the day.  If they're using intraday step counts to calculate what is displayed in the app then I'm not sure how they're doing it.

I am doing preliminary testing for a research project and the heads of the project have indicated they would prefer to align the longest stationary period as close as we can to what is displayed in the app.  Is that explicit data there and I'm just missing it?  Or is there another way to go about calculating it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Fleet 

I think what you're looking for is the "sedentary minutes".   Check out the Get Daily Activity Summary endpoint and look for the response element "summary : sedentaryMinutes".   The time series endpoints will allow you to query the sedentary minutes over a period of time.   See "Resource Options".  Does this give you the information that you need?

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes