Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model and SDK inquiry

Hello

I would like to make an android app using fitbit's bio data(heart rate, body temperature, ...)

Anyone could let me know which model is the best for me and whether i can develop an app using body temperature, heart rate, ppg and so on data(If not all, which bio data can i interface?) with sdk.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @sunwon - not all data is available via APIs and body temperature is actually skin temperature, quite a bit different from an oral temperature so may not give you the expected results

There is no SDK for a Versa 4 or Sense 2 and no simulator so it is important to know for which watch you wish to develop.

In the web dashboard you can export the full data stored and review the various recorded elements to get a better idea of what is available but you may not be able to access all of it.

Also look at the Web API for accessing the data and your post is moved there in case there are better answers.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sunwon 

To build an application on Android, you'll want to use the Fitbit Web API, https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/.  Check out the documentation to see which data is available.   This API can provide most of the data that is collected by the Fitbit devices or manually entered into the mobile application.   Regarding temperature, the API will return skin and core temperature.   Skin temperature is determined by the device, while core temperature, recorded using a thermometer, is manually entered by the user.   PPG data is not available through either of our APIs.   

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes