Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data from Surge

ANSWERED

I am trying to get the API running. It works partially. We can get activity data that is manually added to the dashboard. We also get steps. But we do not get workouts that are tracked with the Surge we use for testing. I just never shows up in our logs, even though we get push messages for that same account.

Is fitbit sending that data to begin with?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Device-created exercise logs are only returned via the Get Activity Logs List endpoint. Is that the one you're using?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't use the Get Daily Activity Summary endpoint for retrieving exercise logs. It only returns manually logged activities. This is a legacy feature being replaced with the Get Activity Logs List endpoint.

* All workouts: Get Activity Logs List endpoint

* All GPS for those workouts: From the Get Activity Logs List endpoint, you'll see exercise logs have a logId. To get GPS for an exercise, request the exercise log's TCX file using the logId.

* All Heartrate-series for those workouts: From the Get Activity Logs List endpoint, you'll see exercise logs have a heartRateLink. heartRateLink is a URL that you can request to get the second-level heart rate data if your app has intraday time series permission. You could also manually construct the URL for heart rate time series, but heartRateLink is provided as a convenience for you.

* All steps (from step-trackers): The activity time series endpoint for activities/tracker/steps 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@JeremiahFitbit Can you help me with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Device-created exercise logs are only returned via the Get Activity Logs List endpoint. Is that the one you're using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suppose I have to change that then. I am using the daily activity summary: 

/1/user/-/activities/date/%s.json
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems there is a lot of overlap between the different end-points. If I want the following, which end-points are the best choice?

* All workouts

* All GPS for those workouts

* All Heartrate-series for those workouts

* All steps (from step-trackers)

Currently I am using the daily summary for some workouts and steps, the TCX endpoint for any activity (from either source), and the heartrate-endpoint for summary-workouts, and it's unclear how the heartrate result from the Logs endpoint is specified, as there is no documentation what's behind the "heartRateLink" value. It's also unclear whether I will get duplicate workouts because the summary contains the same as a log, and the log-entries do not have parent-ids for activityTypes (unlike the summary which has that).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't use the Get Daily Activity Summary endpoint for retrieving exercise logs. It only returns manually logged activities. This is a legacy feature being replaced with the Get Activity Logs List endpoint.

* All workouts: Get Activity Logs List endpoint

* All GPS for those workouts: From the Get Activity Logs List endpoint, you'll see exercise logs have a logId. To get GPS for an exercise, request the exercise log's TCX file using the logId.

* All Heartrate-series for those workouts: From the Get Activity Logs List endpoint, you'll see exercise logs have a heartRateLink. heartRateLink is a URL that you can request to get the second-level heart rate data if your app has intraday time series permission. You could also manually construct the URL for heart rate time series, but heartRateLink is provided as a convenience for you.

* All steps (from step-trackers): The activity time series endpoint for activities/tracker/steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes