Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications for some users

Hi,

I have contacted the support for this issue but they have this advice:

We advise you to contact our Development Moderators on the following link: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/bd-p/sdk 

We experience the following issue:

For a lot of users we don't get notifications while they have a subscription and we have a valid access & refresh token.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Moving this to the Web API forum for assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Can I have a progress update about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @aptus 

When you contacted support, were you provided a case number?  I'd like to track down the previous conversation you had.   

If you don't have a case number, please provide a little more information on the problem.  Some questions I would like to see answered are

1. When did you stop receiving notifications?  
  2. Did you stop receiving notifications for all users or just a some?
  3. Did the notifications stop for all data elements or just a particular one (e.g. for the same user, you receive notifications for activity but not food)?
  4. Would you please private message me your client ID and a few user IDs that you are not receiving notifications?

Thank you, 

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The case number is #30395252. You can find the client ID and some user ID's in the conversation history of that ticket.

We think that we stopped receiving notifications for those users on 5 december 2018 because that is the last sync time we saved in our database. The reason we saw it this late is because some users where complaining lately and we pro-active checked then if it was for other users also.

We don't receive notifications for approximately 1170 users of the in total 6630 users.

We only subscribe for activity notifications. Because of that, we can't check if we receive other notifications (like food) for those users.

Best Answer
0 Votes