Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Sleep Stages

ANSWERED

I am trying to parse through my sleep data and realized when there are overlapping sleep stages with awake (which is light,deep, or rem overlapping with a very short awake stage) - the small awake stage that shows in the app for 30 sec or 1 min is not being sent through the web api, meaning there is more time given to these other stages and less from awake (taken away from them). 

Looking at the image I provided as context: there are two overlapping awake stages for 1 min (3:43 am to 3:44 am) and 30 seconds (3:54 am), over the light stage (as you can see from the app). But nowhere in the data from the sleep log are those overlapping stages found - they only have the deep sleep ending at 3:44 am and the light sleep starting at 3:44 am to 4:41 am.

*For some weird reason the Fitbit forum does not let me upload an image or text of my sleep log intervals for that date - I believe it is because it has date formatting... not sure*

In summary, if you add up the intervals of the sleep stages from the sleep log by date data, it is off compared to the summary of that same data.

How can I resolve this issue?

This is the returned data:

IMG_C215372525C9-1.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mmf229 

See if this information in this article, https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/best-practices/#Interpreting-the-Slee... helps with interpreting the overlapping sleep stages.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mmf229 

See if this information in this article, https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/best-practices/#Interpreting-the-Slee... helps with interpreting the overlapping sleep stages.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this solved the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes