Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push notification signatures are currently invalid

ANSWERED

We've identified an issue on our side that will prevent integrations from being able to properly verify push notification signatures.

In the meantime, affected integrations can temporarily disable signature verification while we push the fix out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We've pushed a fix for this issue. This should now be resolved and affected integrations can turn signature verification back on.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @DavidSFitbit.

I came across this forum post after debugging why our our user's complained of the Fitbit sync not working. It turns out the Fitbit subscriber was automatically disabled for returning 404's due to your issue with signature verification.

I appreciate that issues happen, but an e-mail alert to accounts who have subscriptions enabled, or temporarily turning off your disabling of subscribers would seem reasonable under the circumstances.

Thanks,

David.

Best Answer

Hi David! 

Do you have a time frame for expected resolution?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop David. We and our users await the fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a place where we can subscribe to critical issues/notices from you guys? This issue is pretty significant and a forum post is the last place I expect to learn about the issue.

Do we have ETA?

Best Answer

Attention Fitbit: I agree with comments on this channel.  This is a significant issue that causing problem for all downstream "partner" companies.  You should definitely post something on your website about the problem for all of your users, whether private, consumer, or commercial. Thanks!

Best Answer

Any updates? Following along here, http://www.fitbitstatus.com/#

Best Answer
0 Votes

no updates yet. we will update forum message and fitbitstatus.com as soon as we resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We've pushed a fix for this issue. This should now be resolved and affected integrations can turn signature verification back on.

Best Answer