Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about synchronisation and alarms

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My first arbitrary project to get to grips with the Fitbit API is a service that looks at the lastSyncTime of a user's device and, based on this, schedules a one-off alarm on the device at the nearest point in the future after the device is expected to have synced. This involves estimating the next sync time, which is difficult but doable. I'm making a couple of assumptions about how syncing works, and I'd just like to check them. If anyone could do that, I'd be very appreciative.

1) Are the Fitbit applications stateless as regards to syncing, or do they store data from the device / Fitbit service and sync as and each they become available? i.e., if I sync through the phone app, does syncing only happen when the phone has connectivity to both the Fitbit service and the device? (I assume this is the case, and the lastSyncTime for the device is the point at which this happens, but it'd be useful to know this for sure).

2) If I schedule an alarm for 14:00:00.000, and the fitbit device doesn't sync until 14:00:00.001, does that alarm simply fail to run, or does the device do something clever?

3) I know the fitbit device will try and sync every 20 minutes, but how frequently will an inactive mobile device attempt to sync with a fitbit device, and is this consistent across platforms? (I assume it's the mobile device that initiates this sync)

Also does anyone have general helpful hints that'd be useful for this sort of asynchronous work?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0