Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate limit, can request be made 24/7

ANSWERED

For all users of my app, I would like to synchronize the steps server side. This allows me to send a push notification to the user in case a certain amount of steps per day are reached. For this, I would like to snychronize the step data between the fitbit server and our server every minute for every user.

I know that the Rate Limit is set to 150 requestst per hour and therefore a request for the step data every minute should be possible. My question is, will this still be accepted by fitbit in case we make requests for all of our users 24/7?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@M_ichael You should use subscriptions instead of polling for data. 

Fitbit trackers will automatically initiate a sync every 15-20 minutes (if a compatible device is nearby), or a user can manually sync their tracker.

Since a user's data has to sync before you're able to pull it, you would be making a lot of unnecessary requests polling for data every minute for every user.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@M_ichael You should use subscriptions instead of polling for data. 

Fitbit trackers will automatically initiate a sync every 15-20 minutes (if a compatible device is nearby), or a user can manually sync their tracker.

Since a user's data has to sync before you're able to pull it, you would be making a lot of unnecessary requests polling for data every minute for every user.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes