Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "It's not you It's us" when trying to authenticate using OAuth2

Our apps are seeing the same error. The apps have been working for years.  No changes have been made recently to our apps that would cause this. We are are being inundated with support requests. All of our users are experiencing this issue. Please advise. 

Thanks,

chris

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Any update on this? Our users can not use the apps until this is resolved. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

nope, did not get any response. We are stuck

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here, still cannot using api

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue seems to be related to iOS URL-Scheme, with that I'm always getting the error page. 

But I tried with Universal Link, it worked fine. 

hope it helps. 

Best Answer
Could you provide an example url of what doesn’t work and what works?

Thanks,
Chris
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sample URL Scheme: “demoapp” (demoapp://params)

Sample Universal Link: “http://sample-universal-link.demoapp.com

I changed this in

"Callback URL"

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the issue. If your redirect url just ends with :// you get the error. If you add a path like ://something/something it works.

Chris
Best Answer

Same. Will you guys be fixing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaiyo is this issue persisting? I'm unable to reproduce this behavior.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, still happening. It's like those above me said. On iOS if your redirect is ://someappname it doesn't work. Changing to ://someappname/p does work. The problem is we have to update not only the web app settings on the Fitbit devices website but also in the app itself. This started Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit has this been resolved? our users started this as well this month. App was working fine before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried using your approach it still does not work. @Jaiyo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm changing this worked for me. I had example:// and changed it to example://test/ and now the users that we're previously unable to log in can now do so.

My thinking is that any log in event that would trigger the permission screen was throwing this error.

Now I need to elegantly move all my users over to this new scheme in a new release, which is frustrating to say the least since this code has been reliable for over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have the same issue, Fitbit integration (authentication) broke down yesterday - both on Android and iOS (Cordova-based hybrid apps). Super nice... I will update later whether one of the possible workarounds with changing callback URLs or something else will work for a quickfix.

Best Answer
0 Votes