Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce to Fitbit authentication

Use Case: 

• When User is created/registered, Salesforce needs to generate hyperlink and send it to the User via email.
  • When User clicks the hyperlink, it grabs UserID and User Scopes(Custom object with possible values like this Fitbit Scopes ) and redirects the User to Fitbit Authentication page
  • User marks which scopes he wants to allow the Fitbit have access to.  User authenticates with Fitbit username/password
  • Fitbit generates the Auth Code and returns it back to Salesforce. Auth Code should be valid only for 10 mins
  • Salesforce needs to push UserID and Auth Code to Platform Event for other Integration tools (MuleSoft) to subscribe on that event

How this Use Case can be implemented in Salesforce?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @shoxx 

I'd suggest performing some internet searches to see if someone has made some tips available.   Also, if there is anyone in the Fitbit developer community who has done this, please provide some tips.

I found this blog article that might help: https://salesforcecodex.com/salesforce/google-fitbit-integration-with-salesforce/.   I have not tested it, so I'm not sure if it'll work.  

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes