Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 API not available for 3rd-party developers

I use sleep as Android. I was hoping when I got this sense 2 that I would be able to integrate it. Unfortunately I was told by their developers that new Fitbit devices are not supporting the apis that they need. This would explain the general lack of apps  Available, period. Sometimes other people's apps do a better job, even if it's only at displaying the data. Right now with this attitude I may skip a future Fitbit purchase. I am even considering returning this device for an older cheaper one that actually works with the products I want it to. I don't like this proprietary crap especially when I'm paying you for premium.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @xenoterracide  - yes apps are not supported on this watch even there are APIs.

For more information see about why no apps as a possible explanation.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @xenoterracide 

The apps @Guy_ is referring to are on-device applications or clockfaces.   However, the Fitbit Web APIs are still available for integration Fitbit data with 3rd party applications.   You can read the data from Fitbit using the API and display them in your own web, on-premise or mobile application.   We're still supporting 1000s of integrations with other 3rd party applications, such as MyFitnessPal, WeightWatchers, Noom, etc. 

Tell me about the integration you want to build.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes