Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if Intraday is enabled

I'm running into an issue when attempting to request intraday data for some of our customers. As intraday data requires the user to request for access (for the API at least). Due to this, when requesting intraday data for users that haven't requested it, we get an error returned (as expected).

To avoid this error, my question:

is there is any way to check whether a client-id has intraday data enabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @WeFitterTech 

Intraday is enabled at the client ID, not the user's.   If you provide me with your client ID, then I can verify if we have enabled it.   You may private message me your client ID if you want.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey GordonFitBit,

Intraday is enabled for our client ID however in some rare cases we still receive the following error:

[{

'errorType': 'insufficient_permissions',

'message': 'API client is not authorized by Fitbit to access the resource requested. Visit https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/oauth2 for more information on the Fitbit Web API authorization process.'

}]

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

WeFitterTech

Best Answer
0 Votes

To troubleshoot the error, I will need your client ID.  Since the problem is sporadic, would you please send me the datetime when the error occurred last and the endpoint that you were executing?   I will investigate things on our end.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes