Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single user data

ANSWERED

Alright so I've looked around the API quite a bit at the different ways of authentication users to get access to their personal data, but I don't think this is exactly what I'm looking for.  In my specific case I am hoping to create a PHP application that retrieves only my fitbit data around every 15-30 minutes to display publicly on my website.  Now the current authentication methods seem to require a user to allow access to the application before it can use their data, but in my case I need it to just have constant access to my single account.  Is there any easy way to do this or am I misunderstanding how the current authentication methods work?  I'd appreciate any help or examples you guys can provide.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@thisguy123 You can use Implicit Grant Flow and select a longer lifetime for the access token when you authorize. If you use Authorization Code Grant Flow, you'll have to refresh the access token every time it expires. Either way, once you authenticate, you'll have to use an access token to make requests.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@thisguy123 You can use Implicit Grant Flow and select a longer lifetime for the access token when you authorize. If you use Authorization Code Grant Flow, you'll have to refresh the access token every time it expires. Either way, once you authenticate, you'll have to use an access token to make requests.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes