Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Data

Hello,
I am currently working on my senior project, the idea of my project is to turn off a television when ever a person falls asleep and I am using the fitbit as a sleep tracker. I am using python, Is there anyway I could extract the data from the fitbit in real time? I was able to extract data but is not in real time. I need it in real time in order to turn off the television 5-10 minutes after the person has fallen asleep. Is this even possible? 

Thank you so much

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, @miguelP480Robot wink Welcome to the Forums! Your project sounds really interesting, unfortunately at the moment there is no way to do what you want. Since you have to sync the information first so that then you can extract the information. 

However I bet this would be a good new feature, so I encourage you to post it on our Feature Suggestions board and share the link so I can vote for it! 

I also wish you the best in your project!Cat Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@miguelP480 See Jeremiah's post in regard to real time data.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
your project sounds really interesting. looking forward to your final product~
Best Answer

Hey, @AndrewFitbit! Thanks for sharing! So, I bet you will find your way to achieve your project's objectives, but maybe using a different electronic, that you can manage in real time. It would be really useful I think, haha my mom always falls asleep with the TV on and I bet she is not the only one. Man LOL

@AlanDyc, hey, nice to have you around cutie. Heart Yes, we would love to hear from your final results. 

Have a good day! 🙂

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes