Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Score attributes through API?

Hi

I was just looking through the Web API and I see sleep efficiency ( overall score) but I don't see the new attributes ( Time Asleep vs. Deep and Rem vs. Restoration scores) in the API.  I see them on my phone app ( I have premium ) but they are not on the website dashboard either.  

Is this in an upcoming release ( tied to SDK 4?)?    Will it be on the website and the API?  Or is this a device-only metric? 

Thanks

-D

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @davidjhall,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your interest in getting the Sleep Score added to our Web API.

We don't have any plans for this enhancement as of yet, however, I recommend posting your interest for this idea at our Web API Feature Suggestions page to track interest for it: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features/label-name/web%20api

When other like-mind users agree that this suggestion should be implemented, it can be upvoted to gain traction and be potentially considered by our team.

In the meantime, can you provide us with some use cases that you would implement this feature for?

I hope to hear from you soon! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We would need the same feature. It'll even work if we get overall sleep score (without the differentiation). We would like to use the score to understand user's sleep quality and his/her improvements over time. 

Hopefully this gets implemented in the next version of the API. 

Best Answer

Hi @JohnFitbit  - thanks for replying!

I'll post it over on the Web API feature suggestion page.

I'm working on a personal dashboard application ( me and everyone else, right? ) and was just wanted to correlate the sleep score with other attributes  ( did it go up after working out?  After just doing 10K
steps?  After meditating?  etc.)

Thanks again!

-Dave

Best Answer

@srtninc   ... I'll just upvote your feature request.  🙂

Thanks for posting!

-D

Best Answer

Hi @JohnFitbit ,

Thanks for your answer and information on how new datapoints are made available thru API request. Can you confirm if Sleep Score been released to be request via API? Or if it is on the roadmap to be released soon?

The use case is to monitor such relevant sleep metric in internal developed App 

Regards, Fernando

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FernandoDoreto,

Welcome to the forums!

This feature suggestion is on our Product Team's radar, but we don't have any updates in terms of roadmap planning as of yet. I'll be sure to update this thread when we receive any additional updates.

Let me know if you have any additional questions in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes