Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Make API not suck

Fitbit's food tracker is so terrible that I have to use a different app that syncs with fitbit.  It's important that all my data be in the fitbit app because that's what my doctor and the All of Us Research Project have access to.

But it's not just the app.  The API is so terrible that the 3rd party app I'm forced to use is unable to update or delete any information synced with fitbit.  Nor does the API enable any data transfer back from Fitbit to the better app.

That means that any type of mistake in the food log can only be fixed by taking multiple actions in both apps.

I think the only thing more pathetic is the fact that I can't just log my food in Fitbit to begin with (the barcode scanner sucks at recognizing barcodes and uses an incomplete database so many items aren't found even if they scan right; I can't save multiple items as a meal to later add with one click, support says "just create a custom item and lose all the macronutrient data" which isn't gonna happen, etc, etc).

Between the API and the food tracker it'd be great if at least one of the two could be fixed.  I reported food tracking bugs and serious sync issues which force me to use multiple devices as a workaround early last summer so those don't appear to be a priority.  Is the API?

All of Us gave me the fitbit for free or I would have returned it.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @fitbutts 

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you're having a negative experience with the Nutrition portion of the Fitbit platform.  I agree that it could use some improvements.  If you're open to a conversation, I would like to get some additional feedback on this information you provided here and relay it to our product team.   Is this something you would be open to?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes