Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test account with sleep, activity and other data?

ANSWERED

Hi

Is there a public test account that contains test data for sleep, activity etc that cannot be input manually but only via a device? We need this to test the proper integration with our Android app myFitnessCompanion.

Thanks

Peter

www.myFitnessCompanion.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nope, there is no such account.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Nope, there is no such account.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Peter,

We are considering adding a "sandbox" user for this type of testing, but do not have one at this time.

I created a test account for myself and wear a second Fitbit tracker to get data. I'm happy to authorize your app if just need real world data.

Best Answer

Hi Jeremiah,

Could you please let us know what details you need for authorizing the app?  We are working on a project which focuses on retrieving the real world data associated with the Fitbit account.  Due to the lack of sandbox account we are not able to test the project completely as it does not outputs data of heart rate, sleep log etc.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Best Answer
0 Votes

@srinivas_h: Private message me your authorization page and I will authorize your app.

Best Answer

@JeremiahFitbit wrote:

@srinivas_h: Private message me your authorization page and I will authorize your app.

Still no progress on the Sandbox environment? Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmitchell38488 wrote:

Still no progress on the Sandbox environment? Smiley Sad

This feature has not been prioritized because:

1. Few people ask for it and when they do, it's primarily for performance testing. Given the massive scale of the Fitbit Web API, I can confidently assure developers that their app will fail under load long before Fitbit will.
  2. Anyone can create an account for free without a Fitbit device at https://www.fitbit.com/signup . People should use Fitbit and understand the product before trying to extend the Fitbit experience.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Point 1 has merit and it's unfortunate that people would use it for such a purpose. I would have found it extremely useful to set up for heart rate, blood pressure, glucose etc. and testing subscription end points and so forth and being able to push data. In my mind that's what a test/sandbox environment should be used for.

As for point 2, I have an account but not a device, but even then if I want to track that information I have to spend a considerable amount of money. Since this was originally an employed project and I didn't have to fund it, I shouldn't have to buy a device on my employers behalf. But I digress.

Is there a plan for a sandbox environment? Something like what PayPal and eBay have would be most useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeremiahFitbit : As you had requested, I have sent you the authorization URL of our application privately.  Kindly authorize my app so that we can test our app using real world data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Can u please authorize to to my account. I need realtime data

Best Answer
0 Votes