Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on applying for access as commercial application?

Hi Fitbit,

I have an idea for an app that would truly improve the FitBit user experience! I can demonstrate demand from the current FitBit user base, I can explain how this app would provide value above and beyond the current functionality of the FitBit app, and I don't plan to charge anything for users to download the app. I would, however, need access to the Intraday Time Series in order to make it work. 

I know I need to email support to request access. However, do you have any tips as to what the reviewers are looking for in an application? I wonder how rare it is to be granted access. Thank you!

Moderator edit: removed email address

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@ed500170 wrote:

Hi Fitbit,

I have an idea for an app that would truly improve the FitBit user experience! I can demonstrate demand from the current FitBit user base, I can explain how this app would provide value above and beyond the current functionality of the FitBit app, and I don't plan to charge anything for users to download the app. I would, however, need access to the Intraday Time Series in order to make it work. 

Hey there @ed500170, thanks for participating in the Community! Sounds like you have a good plan of attack for requesting access. Just make sure your application complies with our API Terms of Service. I would go ahead and contact API Support with as much details as possible and they will review your request.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to this answer: How much time do they take to respond? Is it possible to send more than one request - just in case I don´t get an answer in first ones?

Best Answer
0 Votes