Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To detect manually added steps in Fitbit App why do you need to hit the activity log API

ANSWERED

Currently we are hitting the activity summary endpoint to get the users activity for the day. In that we have the activities array which specifies if the user had any logged activities using either the tracker, manual or using other apps like FitStar and MyFitnessPal. There is alot of info in that activity log list except the information that specifies the logType. To get that information we have to goto another endpoint and identify the non-manual activities. Is it very difficult to add one additional field in the summary endpoint for each activity log. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @developerGTC,

That is a great enhancement request idea for the Get Daily Activity Summary.   I will file that with our engineering team.   I do not know how difficult it is to add this element name or when/if it will be added.   I will post on the forums when the functionality has been added.  

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @developerGTC,

That is a great enhancement request idea for the Get Daily Activity Summary.   I will file that with our engineering team.   I do not know how difficult it is to add this element name or when/if it will be added.   I will post on the forums when the functionality has been added.  

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Hi Gordon, 

Did your engineering team ever get to this request. 

Best Answer