Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while saving changes to application

I'm experiencing weird behavior when trying to make changes to existing app. After clicking save button, page show an error (tried in latest Firefox, Opera and Chrome):

"To protect your security, www.fitbit.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window."

After click on "open in new window" redirect to https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/500 happens and changes to app are not actually saved.

Is there some way of updating an app settings instead of creating a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Charnel    I haven't heard of this specific problem.   Would you please provide me with the steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks!

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit !

Sure, here's my steps:

1. open "manage your applications" tab
  2. click on existing app that already have subscription endpoint URL set
  3. click on "Edit Application Settings" button
  4. change endpoint URL
  5. click on "save" button and observe: if there were no error on save, Firefox v 87.0 (Opera and Chrome have similar message) will display an error "

Firefox Can’t Open This Page

To protect your security, www.fitbit.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window."

6. click on "Open Site in New Window" button and observe: new page with error message will open with address https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/500
Best Answer
0 Votes

In sake of clarity: on Chrome v 89.0.4389.114 I get following error message after clicking save button: "Site www.fitbit.com could not establish connection". On Opera v 75.0.3969.149 error saying "Site www.fitbit.com could not establish connection ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE".

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @Charnel 

The steps to recreate the problem are exactly the same as another problem we are aware of.   The issue is caused by having a subscriber defined in the application configuration.   We are planning to push out a fix tomorrow and have it rolled out by the end of the week.   I will update this post once I found out the problem is resolved.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Thanks @GordonFitbit !

Will wait for updates then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit !

Is there any news about fixing this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes