Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning project ownership of fitgem rubygem

I created the fitgem project in 2011 to allow for folks writing Ruby/Rails web apps to integrate with the Fitbit API. Due to a variety of changes in my work/home life I'm looking to hand off the project to someone that's passionate about maintaining compatability with the evolving AI as well as working with other developers to build out OAUth2 integration.

Is Fitbit pursuing a strategy to own the API SDKs for various languages? Does your corp structure allow for taking on the ruby library yourselves? Or shall I solicit for potential maintainers via github/twitter/etc.? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @whazzmaster,

First of all, thanks for making this library back at the dawn of the Fitbit API! I know many have used it and benefitted from its existence.

Fitbit's current Web API SDK strategy is to support generic OAuth 2.0 libraries instead of Fitbit-specific libraries. I encourage you to solicit new maintainers here and elsewhere. I'll pin this topic to the top of the forum for awhile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good @JeremiahFitbit- thanks for pinning.

Folks that are interested in taking over fitgem (github) can contact me via @whazzmaster on twitter or at fitbit@whazzmaster.com.

Best Answer
0 Votes