Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two users sharing one device

We are concerned that two users of our application could share a tracker and both earn from the same steps.  It is simple enough to disallow two of our users sharing one fitbit account.

But I was able to create two fitbit accounts, link them to two accounts in my application, then one by one connect each fitbit account to the same tracker.  The first fitbit account appeared to lose its link to the tracker on the fitbit side, but on my application that user was still getting steps from fitbit when I synced the tracker to the second account.  When the first account logs into fitbit, new step data doesn't show up but it does in my application.  How is that user able to get new step data from a fitbit account that has been decoupled from a tracker?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

This should not happen. 

Are you sure you really earning same steps from same tracker?

In fact, when you use Fitbit API you're not getting steps from tracker, you're getting steps from the Fitbit user's profile. 

Seems that the case that you're describing is not valid.

Can you please PM me with more details about what you're seeing. Also send me users emails or ids that you think behave wrong way.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes