Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Cannot login to Fitbit account using SFSafariViewController

ANSWERED

Hi,

Apologize for the Urgent, but our users are having trouble logging into their account.(

https://www.fitbit.com/oauth2/authorize)

The login page is not rendering properly in a SFSafariViewController. Please see video.

This reproduce on multiple phones running iOS 14.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfXhdJJMukQFK2jtiA_SO8OgkJU-Lfia/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bickster ,

We've been able to reproduce this issue and currently working on a fix.  We've been able to reproduce the problem on older versions of iOS such as 14.2.   It appears a workaround would be to have your users update their iPhone to the latest recommended version by Apple.   iOS 14.5 was released on 4/28.   I cannot reproduce the problem on iOS 14.4.2 and 14.5.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @bickster ... would you please private message me your authorize URL so I can reproduce the problem?

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, @bickster    We have other developers who have reported this problem and I cannot reproduce it with just the authorize URL on my iOS device.   Is there a way I can reproduce it with your application?  If so, PM the details.   Thank you!

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bickster ,

We've been able to reproduce this issue and currently working on a fix.  We've been able to reproduce the problem on older versions of iOS such as 14.2.   It appears a workaround would be to have your users update their iPhone to the latest recommended version by Apple.   iOS 14.5 was released on 4/28.   I cannot reproduce the problem on iOS 14.4.2 and 14.5.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for looking into this. We'll tell our users the workaround. This explains why we haven't seen more "complaints" than you would have thought. Took us a while to figure out exactly what people were reporting. We leave most of our test phones on older versions of the current version iOS version as you can't go back easily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix was published for iOS 14.2.    Please have your customers verify the problem is resolved for them.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

We have verified the issue internally and with our customers.  Fixed! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes