Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use a callback url with a #

ANSWERED

my url can not be used as callback URL. is there a workaround ?

https://oq1mx5oh.pp.vuforia.io:8443/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=FitbitAuth

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is intentional.

You should use the 'state' parameter on the OAuth 2 Authorization Page. The state parameter will then be added to the redirect URI exactly as your application specified it when sending users to the Authorization Page. Note that if you are using the Authorization Code Grant Flow, you'll also need to send the 'state' parameter when making the Access Token Request.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This is intentional.

You should use the 'state' parameter on the OAuth 2 Authorization Page. The state parameter will then be added to the redirect URI exactly as your application specified it when sending users to the Authorization Page. Note that if you are using the Authorization Code Grant Flow, you'll also need to send the 'state' parameter when making the Access Token Request.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But the returning URL does not contain the suffix "#mashup=xxx" which is
what i expect.

How can i achieve that ?

--
Laurent
Best Answer
0 Votes

URL fragments (#stuff) are not allowed in redirect URIs. You need to use the 'state' parameter instead.

This is per the OAuth 2 RFC, as the Implicit Grant Flow uses URL fragments. Fitbit additionally removes them when using the Authorization Code Grant flow for security reasons related to Google and Facebook single sign on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When invoking the url, adding

&state=%23mashup%3DFitbitAuth

does not produce on a returning url suffixed with #mashup=FitbitAuth

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct, it won't. This is a defined OAuth 2.0 behavior. URL fragments are not permitted on the redirect URI. You have to use another method for representing this information, either in the URL path itself (e.g. https://example.com/auth/fitbit) or using the 'state' parameter.

Best Answer
0 Votes