Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized_client - A "Personal" application is only authorized to request access tokens from the

ANSWERED

Hi 

Basically we would be providing trackers to our players to monitor their activities and we are able to fetch data of activities and heart rate based on dates when the registered application was server based.. Now we would like to get activity and heart rate intraday time series, henceforth we created personal application to get intraday time series.. But our players(other users) are unable to authroize the application and they are getting a message saying like "unauthorized_client - A "Personal" application is only authorized to request access tokens from the owner of the application " ..

I need help in these cases

1. How can i fetch intraday time series of all the players(other users) and how can they authorize my application ?

2. The owner of the application was able to authroize personal application and was able to generate access token, but how can i handle about the other users(players) in my case?

Hoping for your support..

Regards,

Ananthan

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ananthanp,

The "personal" application type only allows you to get Intraday data for the owner of the application.  If you need to get Intraday data for the users of your application, then your your application type needs to be "client" or "server",  and you need to request access to Intraday data for your players.  Please submit your Intraday request here: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/help/.

When your application type is set to "server", are you able to generate access tokens for your authorized users?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ananthanp,

The "personal" application type only allows you to get Intraday data for the owner of the application.  If you need to get Intraday data for the users of your application, then your your application type needs to be "client" or "server",  and you need to request access to Intraday data for your players.  Please submit your Intraday request here: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/help/.

When your application type is set to "server", are you able to generate access tokens for your authorized users?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit ,

Thank you for the reply, yes we generated access tokens for our authorized users and we are able to fetch data with respect to activities and heart rate.. This time we need intraday data of our players... We have submitted our request with respect to intraday over here https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/help/.. How long it takes for us to get a solution to move ahead..

Hoping for your support..

Regards,

Shalini

Best Answer
0 Votes